Galambila, Durri and Biripi Aboriginal Medical Services (3 sites), NSW
- To increase efficiency with appointment system and minimise waiting times
- To streamline practice billing processes
- Streamline front desk processing workflow while fulfilling complex reporting requirements.
- Introduce processes for collecting and keeping demographic data updated.
- Increase general knowledge and use of medical software programs
- Introduce advanced features of Medical Director to help clinicians save time with clinical documentation processes.
- Assess and improve patient recall and reminder system.
- Design training to suit the multi-disciplinary teams of multiple connected Aboriginal Medical Services.
What We Did
- Worked with key staff to assess and design improvements for systems and processes, in particular Recalls and Reminders, Pathology Management and Document Management.
- Designed a change management and training plan for health workers, doctors, nurses, administration staff working within the multi-discplinary health environment of 3 sites.
- Provided interactive hands-on training for multi-disciplinary teams to follow designed protocols for multiple staff in a multi-stage change management.
- Designed and produced detailed training manuals to suit each Aboriginal Medical Service.
- Provided additional ongoing learning support.
- Implemented a long-term training plan where new staff can take advantage of 1 hour online training as an introduction to the software and processes specific to Galambila, Biripi or Durri.