Family Planning NSW has 5 sites (Ashfield, Dubbo, Newcastle, Penrith and Fairfield).
This was a long term multi-phase project over 3 years.
Stage 1 – Goals:
- To introduce computerised medical records, to become ‘paperless’.
- To minimise front desk processing workflow while fulfilling complex Government reporting requirements.
- Improve Appointment System
- Design training to suit the organisational culture of Family Planning.
What We Did
- Design a change management and training plan for multiple clinicians, administration staff working at 5 sites in 3 software programs (Medical Director, PracSoft & custom-designed FPNSW software).
- Policy and Procedure design.
- Designed set protocols for clinical documentation, recall, pathology management and document management etc. to suit Family Planning’s specific requirements.
- Worked with Higher Reason to build an add-on software interface that met the needs of Family Planning complex data collection requirements.
- Provided interactive training for multi-disciplinary teams to follow FPNSW protocols for over 100 staff.
- Designed and produced detailed training manuals with specific organisational workflow.
- Designed and produced additional supportive learning tools for staff.
- Helped inspire a positive approach to technology changes
Stage 2 – Goals:
- Learn MBS rules relevant to Family Planning.
- Introduce MBS billing for doctor consultations.
- Implement and streamline Medicare billing processes on front desk.
- Promote paperless communication between clinicians and administration staff.
What We Did
- Design a training plan for multiple clinicians, administration staff working at 5 sites in multiple software programs.
- Provided interactive training over many days for multiple staff using the program PracSoft.
- Promoted a team-based approach to communication and client billing processes while maximising efficiency with available software.